4.07.2008

thoughts

  • I was going to write a lengthy post entitled "Spring broke" about my spring break, but I got lazy.
  • I just bought an external hard drive that will fit in my pocket. It also holds more info than my laptop and desktop combined.
  • Tonight we helped two Hispanic women whose car battery had died in the Kohl's parking lot. The younger one was pregnant and had a 3-4-year-old toddler with her. Two spaces over, sitting in a truck/SUV style Escalade were two white men with their windows down watching passively as these women stood around with their hood up hoping for some help. The younger woman told us the men said they didn't want to damage their own car. Fuckers. I begged the women not to judge us all by them.
  • A woman just had her appendix removed through her vagina. Not to be crass, but there are desperate men out there who would give their left gonad for a chance to see a lovely lady part, and now we're using the lovely lady parts as part of an appendectomy?
  • I started a poetry unit today. I'm taking suggestions for good songs to use as examples of poems. And no, Jake, I'm not going to use "American Pie"; too much background.
  • We just signed up for Skype. Email us for our ID.
  • Is it sad when everyday is Fat Tuesday for someone?

1 comment:

Final Jump said...

Ones I've used in the past are: Marty Robbins’ “El Paso,” The Eagles’ “Lyin’ Eyes,” The Eagles’ “Hotel California,” “Highwayman” by The Highwaymen, The Band’s “The Weight,” Don McLean’s “American Pie,” Rod Stewart’s “Maggie May,” Jim Croce’s “Operator,” Harry Chapin’s “Taxi,” and Jimmy Buffett’s “He Went to Paris.”
Last semester, I also used Dylan's "All Along the Watchtower," David Grey's "Babylon," Bob Seger's "Against the Wind," Johnny Cash's "Folsom Prison Blues" and "Hurt (not the NIN version due to the language making a stronger allegorical connection, and the fact I simply like Cash's better), and some others that I can't recall at the moment.